- 5+ years Development, QA, IT, and/or DevOps experience. Some familiarity in each of these is required, i.e. you know how to write a website, webservice, script, or an executable, you know how to set up a safe QA environment in which to test it, you know how to check it into source control, you know how to deploy it into production (even if that means navigating various VPN’s or other network complexities), how to schedule it to run when needed, how to set up alerts when it fails, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar IT degree and experience demonstrating DevOps and IT experience.
- Fluency with either the C# or Python programming languages, and willingness to advance in both.
- IIS administrative experience, including .aspx and WCF (.svc) webservices.
- Demonstrated ability to context switch, prioritize among multiple concurrent demands, and succeed in an agile environment.
- Ability to clearly understand, explain, document, and repeat an established process, with eventual goals toward training others for and/or automating that process.
- Willingness to recognize and accept limitations, both in skills and in environment, and drive to transcend them.
- 3+ years working with Windows System Administration and hands on experience with typical system administration such as active directory, DNS, etc.
- 3+ years working with web services including familiarity with SOAP and REST traffic.
- 1+ years experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Scripting experience with at least two of various tools (e.g. python, powershell, batch, cygwin, msys, bash, etc.), including being comfortable using a command line.
- Hands on experience with IT operations such as working with and monitoring virtualized systems, applying patches and system OS upgrades, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with both specialists and generalists. This means you have got to have skills, but you also have got to be able to discuss them in a cooperative way with those whose skills are very different than your own.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and keep momentum while working through a prioritized backlog of tasks.
- A demonstrated respect for production environments with a strong understanding of establishing procedures and principles to keep production running 24x7
- Years of experience with SQL, SQLServer (including backup and restore), and T-SQL
- Familiarity with multiple versions of Windows (both server and desktop) and the ways in which they differ from one another.
- Familiarity with recent Ubuntu and/or other recent Linux distributions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to: email@example.com
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.