Confer with MI Project Manager and client staff to create and implement a plan for creating test items for one or more assessments. Oversee the work of item writers and reviewers to assure alignment of test items and ancillary materials to client specifications. Work with project staff and management as well as MI senior managers to maintain positive client interaction. Follow project schedules, style guides, and work plans to complete all project work on schedule and at the highest professional levels of quality and accuracy.
- Train and monitor the work of test item writers. Assign test item writing assignments for item writers. Update the item writer database after each assignment.
- Prepare test items for content review by client staff and review committees. Present final versions of test items for approval by project management and staff.
- Maintain test item bank. Prepare tracking tables showing numbers of items available by subject, standard, and objective, showing status of each item.
- Prepare materials for and present professional development activities for clients related to test and item development.
- A bachelor’s degree in related content area is required. A master’s degree is preferred. Teaching experience is highly desirable, although related content experience may be substituted for teaching experience or advanced degrees.
- Proficiency and flexibility in using and learning new software applications for item authoring is essential.
- Mathematics proficiency must include the ability to provide quality review of mathematics items from lower grades through at least Algebra 1.
- Travel of approximately 20 days per year to meet with clients and review committees may be required.
This is a full-time position in Durham, North Carolina, with excellent company benefits including holidays, vacation, sick leave, health insurance, and ESOP. Position is on-site, but remote work will be considered for a highly qualified applicant. Base salary is competitive and based on experience.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to:
Attn: Human Resources
423 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701